The Shun Classic Boning/Fillet is equally adept at two key kitchen chores. The thin, sharp, curved blade gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from bone; even fibrous tissue is no match for Shun's extremely sharp edge. When it comes to filleting fish, the blade's six-inch length is just right and has the right degree of flexibility to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin.
• Steel:VG-10 cutting core, layered Damascus cladding of SUS410/SUS431 stainless; 16 layers each side
• Handle "D" shaped ebony-black PakkaWood®
• Blade Length: 6 in. (15.2 cm)
• Kasumi Method of Knifemaking
• Extreme 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
• NSF Certified