The Shun Premier Paring knife is a kitchen essential. In a way, you can think of it as the mini version of the Chef's knife because, like the Chef's knife, the Paring knife is quite versatile. Its compact size makes it ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. Generally, you?ll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves.
• Steel:VG-10 cutting core, Pattern Damascus cladding of SUS410/SUS431 stainless; 16 layers each side; hammered tsuchime finish
• Handle:Contoured walnut PakkaWood®
• Blade Length: 4 in. (10.2 cm)
• Kasumi Method of Knifemaking
• Hammered Tsuchime Finish
• Extreme 16° double-bevel blade with quick taper (32° comprehensive)
• NSF Certified