Nakiri is simply Japanese for "vegetable knife." Once you get the Shun Premier Nakiri in your hands, you'll soon see why chefs and cooking enthusiasts the world over choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool whenever they have quantities of fruits or vegetables to chop, slice, or dice. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, the Nakiri shouldn't be rocked like a Chef's knife. Instead, cut straight down and enjoy the clean, swift work it makes of vegetables of all kinds. For daily salad preparation or prepping vegetables for stir-fry, it can't be beat.
• Steel:VG-10 cutting core, Pattern Damascus cladding of SUS410/SUS431 stainless; 16 layers each side; hammered tsuchime finish
• Handle:Contoured walnut PakkaWood®
• Blade Length: 5.5 in. (14 cm)
• Kasumi Method of Knifemaking
• Hammered Tsuchime Finish
• Extreme 16° double-bevel blade with quick taper (32° comprehensive)
• NSF Certified