Out of Stock
The Shun Reserve Hollow-Ground Santoku is a beautiful, Asian-inspired Chef’s knife. "Santoku" means "Three Virtues" and the knife gets its name for the three strengths it demonstrates in the kitchen: cutting vegetables, thin-boned meats, and fish. Some cooks reach for their Santoku at least as often as their Chef’s Knives. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade help reduce friction so the blade glides through the food more easily. The Shun Reserve Hollow-Ground Santoku’s blade is slightly curved, enabling the cook to employ a rocking motion while cutting—and making it as easy to use as a Chef’s knife. It is well balanced and offers an extremely sharp Shun cutting edge. The best of the East meets the best of the West in the Shun Reserve Hollow-Ground Santoku.
• Steel: SG2 cutting core; nickel/stainless layered Damascus cladding.
• Handle: Charcoal and crimson PakkaWood® handles with inlaid mosaic crest.
• Blade Length: 7 in.(17.8 cm)
• Kasumi Method of Knifemaking
• Extreme 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)