The Oliva Elité knife collection by Messermeister boasts an exquisite natural, Italian olive wood handle attached to a hammer forged blade. The highly figured, beautiful golden-brown handle provides a secure ergonomic grip with an unsurpassed balance. The Elité knife collections feature a blade, bolster and tang that are one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged from a single billet of the finest German steel alloy. Oliva Elité knives are handcrafted one at a time, using the same techniques that have been the hallmark of fine German made cutlery for hundreds of years. Oliva Elité knives are of heirloom quality and simply one of the best original forged wood handled knives.
You will find yourself using this Oliva Elité 3.5” Paring Knife daily for a variety of tasks requiring accuracy. This knife has a fine-edge blade that is designed to be an all-purpose knife, similar to a chef's knife, except smaller. The compact blade and molded handle will facilitate trimming, peeling and slicing of produce.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elité edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality